TecFlax hosted Oracle MySQL Enterprise Day conference where we educated various organizations about MySQL Enterprise Edition for those using MSSQL and/or MySQL Community Version. Here is a summary of the presentation:
Overview of Oracle MySQL
Whether you are building high volume websites, enterprise and departmental applications, or advanced communications networks, your organization needs the tools to build and manage these business-critical database applications. Millions of installations.
Here are some notable things about MySQL
- Part of the open source LAMP stack
- Community & Commercial Offerings (Enterprise + Cluster Carrier Grade Editions)
- 20+ years availability, 10+ years InnoDB & 5+ years MySQL within Oracle
- 2x Engineering Staff, 3x QA Staff, 2x Support Staff
DB-Engines 2018 Database Ranking
MySQL is the 2nd most popular database
MySQL Editions – Feature Overview
Highlighted features only available in select commercial editions
MySQL is the world’s most popular open source database. Whether you are a fast growing web property, software vendor, a large organization or an SMB MySQL can cost-effectively help you deliver high performance, scalable database applications.
MySQL Enterprise Edition includes the most comprehensive set of advanced features, management tools and technical support to achieve the highest levels of MySQL scalability, security, reliability, and uptime. It reduces the risk, cost, and complexity in developing, deploying, and managing business-critical MySQL applications.
Cost-Benefit Analysis of MySQL Enterprise Vs Other Database Technologies“We migrated the Event database from Microsoft SQL Server to MySQL for lower costs and higher scalability. Thanks to MySQL, we are able to scale 4 times better while constantly maintaining the replication latency of less than 1 second across our 250 MySQL servers.”
Ed Presz, Sr. Director of Database Engineering, Ticketmaster Entertainment
Overview of Oracle MySQL Enterprise
- High-performance and scalable database infrastructure for a wide variety of applications across industries.
- Advanced security features and management tools for solving many of the challenges around successfully deploying MySQL in production environments.
- MySQL EE reduces TCO by atleast 90% over other enterprise database technologies.
In MySQL’s annual surveys, lower cost is consistently shown to be the number one reason why users choose MySQL. Below is a chart that compares the 3-year database TCO of MySQL Enterprise Edition vs. Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition Vs Sybase Enterprise Edition.
Why MySQL Enterprise for Organizations
- MySQL Enterprise enables companies, institutions and governments to meet their challenges:
- Reduce Database TCO by at least 90% – MySQL Enterprise Edition delivers 90% TCO savings over proprietary alternatives like Microsoft.
- Build modern web and cloud applications – MySQL Enterprise Edition is used by the world’s most innovative companies including Facebook, Twitter, Tesla, Netflix and many more who run their business critical applications in the cloud.
- MySQL Enterprise Security– MySQL Enterprise Edition includes the most comprehensive set of advanced security features, to protect data and information.
- Huge Community of Developers & DBAs – With a community of millions of open source developers and DBAs, governments have access to a talented resource pool.
- MySQL Enterprise is Ubiquitous in the Cloud – The world’s leading SaaS companies including ServiceNow, Zendesk, and Hubspot rely on MySQL Enterprise to run business critical application.
Oracle MySQL Cloud Service provides a simple, automated, enterprise ready cloud service to deploy applications in the cloud using MySQL Enterprise Edition.
Large Enterprise Applications utilizing MySQL Enterprise
Contact Us for a free MySQL Enterprise Presentation and 30-day Demo Trial implementation